CA Technologies Director, Business Unit Sales in Santa Clara, California
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Director, Business Unit Sales – Continuous Delivery*
Are you ready for the best work of your life?*
The Director, Business Unit Sales for Continuous Delivery is responsible to plan, execute, monitor, and direct the Continuous Delivery Solution Sales team's performance and resource allocation needs within a specified geographic territory (area, country, or region). Work with sales management to ensure the Solution Sales organization effectively drives and supports the solution selling portion of the sales cycle so CA solutions are presented in a way to meet the customer's and Partner's business objectives. This position also has responsibility to work with sales and delivery groups to ensure appropriate collaboration on sales opportunities to achieve properly qualified customer and/or Partner expectations.
- Key Responsibilities*
Overall, this position is responsible for delivering positive, quantifiable results for CA and its customers and Partners which will be measured across five primary areas:
* * Customer Focus:* Oversee optimization of the overall customer or Partner experience across the assigned territory
* * Financial Targets:* Ensure staff meets or exceeds CA's stated financial quotas and targets
* * Internal Business Processes:* Demonstrate mastery with CA's internal processes, systems and support structure
* * Professional Development:* Demonstrate high-level proficiency and skill
* * Leadership, Teamwork and Planning:* Collaborate with, mobilize, and effectively run and develop direct and virtual team(s)
- Preferred Education*
Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in Marketing, Information Technology, a business discipline or related field. Appropriate industry certifications preferred. An MBA or relevant graduate degree is preferred.
- Work Experience*
Typically 10 years of experience in the IT Software Sales with a focus on Solution Sales activities, preferably within a focus on Continuous Implementation/Continuous Delivery. Proven track record of effectively and successfully managing a large, geographically dispersed Solution Sales team's performance.
Key Competencies include:*
- Customer Focus:* Act in ways that demonstrate customer and Partner focus and satisfaction by building effective relationships with customers, identifying, meeting and exceeding customer expectations, and by treating customers with dignity and respect.
- Knowledge and Application of CA's Solution Sets:* Know and understand CA's products and range of solution sets, how to identify the best possible solutions to meet customers' and Partner's business needs and how to appropriately position CA solutions with customers and Partners.
- Territory Management:* Direct territory, considering each and all accounts collectively; establish accurate plans and forecasts; prioritize efforts; generate short term results while holding a long-term perspective to maximize overall territory viability.
- Effective Communication:* Deliver outstanding oral and written communications that are impactful and persuasive with their intended audience.
- Industry Knowledge:* Possess in-depth knowledge of a given industry and relevant marketplace; can speak with authority, e.g., on industry trends, best practices, competitive practices, regulatory issues, etc.
- Effective Selling:* Ensure staff utilizes solutions-oriented, systematic approach to selling, leveraging mastery of sales best practices and CA's sales methodology.
- Business Acumen:* Understand key aspects of business, e.g., business models and competitive positioning; also understand how business operates, including role of structure, systems, and processes; can speak in business language when applying professional expertise.
- Financial Acumen:* Use financial analysis to make decisions, evaluate opportunities and choices; know how financial decisions impact business success.
Certifications:* Current certification in a domain specific area of expertise is required (i.e.: CISSP, SNIA, ITIL, ITIAM. Project management solutions experience is preferred
More About Working at CA:*
CA has earned scores of Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, CA’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
/ Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly./
/ If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788./