CA Technologies Business Tech Architect in Melbourne, Australia
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
- Job Overview*
This position is responsible for quickly and positively impacting the customer's real and perceived value of a relationship with CA by leveraging best practices in solution development, design and deployment. This position understands the technology and business requirements and how to bridge them creating customer value.
- Key Responsibilities*
· Develop trusted and influential relationships with the technical decision-making and decision-influencing customer contacts (including the CIO or CTO) and provide technical perspective and guidance for the customer's business executive level contacts. This is achieved through a combination of broad real-world IT industry experience, domain expertise, and industry recognized certifications.
· Must learn to be perceived by the customer as being /both/ customer centric and solutions oriented, bring tangible value in terms of industry/technical experience, knowledge, and expertise.
· Collaborate and consult with Sales to accurately understand the customer's issues that are the impetus for them to look at CA's solutions.
· Persuasively communicate CA's capabilities and vision for solutions by preparing and / or conducting demonstrations, whiteboard discussions and presentations.
· Collaborate with account team to appropriately map CA technology to the customers' business drivers utilizing the CA Sales Process (development of Business DNA's, competitive strategy business and IT initiatives).
· Become the trusted advisor to the account team; provide best practices for client proposals/work product by providing business value alignment and execution roadmaps.
· Effectively communicate CA's key competitive differentiators, by solution, as defined by CA business units.
· Demonstrate effective knowledge of CA's Corporate Strategy and Sales Plays; understand client imperatives; provide linkage of needs to imperatives.
· Position and present the benefits of CA's solutions and specifically how our solutions will support the client's technical and functional requirement.
· Showcase the value customers will derive from the use of CA's solutions.
· Identify issues at the client and work with the CST to drive these to resolution thereby earning 'trusted advisor' status.
· Foster customer relationship with a goal of the customer becoming a CA reference account for one or more solutions.
· Understand and apply history of CA deployments in the account.
- Work Experience*
Typically, 7 years of IT architecture and industry-related experience as well as a detailed technical knowledge within the disciplines of Enterprise IT Management. A consulting background including client management, problem solving, crisis management, mediation amongst third parties and meeting facilitation is preferred. Proficient with the Company product line(s)/solution(s) and how to correctly architect cross BU solutions is preferred. Strong business knowledge is required to properly align architecture with customer business requirements and expectations.
- Skills & Competencies*
· Solid technical leadership skills; understand and assess how architecture changes resolve customer issues
· Be a recognized Subject Matter Expert for a particular solution and knowledgeable of integrated solutions
· Strong technical knowledge across the industry and awareness of industry future direction û and able to identify the implications on customers
· Able to communicate the cross-functional value propositions within our aggregate portfolio of solutions
· Leverage formal and informal learning channels to continually enhance knowledge and understanding of current and evolving market, industry, technology and competitive trends.
· Attain and maintain applicable industry certifications (i.e. ITIL, Six Sigma, CISSP, SNIA, etc.).
· Attain and/or maintain other industry-recognized technical accreditations (i.e.: Web Services - J2EE, XML, XSLT, .NET, SOAP, Linux, Open VMS, etc).
· Develop proficiency with CA sales tools (e.g., solution white board, presentations, demonstrations) and resources.
· Achieve familiarity with more than one product family within a Brand as well as appropriate cross product and brand solutions.
· Develop vertical business and industry knowledge (e.g.: Financial, Healthcare, MFG, Government).
- More About Working at CA:*
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, CA’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
/ Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly./