CA Technologies VP, Presales in Ewing, New Jersey
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
- VP, Presales*
This position is responsible to plan, execute, monitor, direct, and lead a Presales management team's performance and resource allocation needs. Work with sales management to ensure the Presales organization effectively drives and supports the technical validation portion of the sales cycle so CA products and solutions are presented in a way to meet the customers' and Partner's business objectives. This position also has responsibility to work with sales and delivery groups to ensure appropriate collaboration on sales opportunities to achieve properly qualified customer and/or Partner expectations. In addition, this position supports and/or develops executive-level relationships with key business leaders in CA's targeted market.
- Key Responsibilities*
Overall, this position is responsible for delivering positive, quantifiable results for CA and its customers and Partners which will be measured across five primary areas:
* * Customer Focus: * Oversee optimization of the overall customer or Partner experience across assigned territory
* * Financial Targets: * Ensure staff meets or exceeds CA's stated financial quotas and targets
* * Internal Business Processes: * Demonstrate mastery with CA's internal processes, systems and support structure
* * Professional Development: * Demonstrate mastery and skill
* * Leadership, Teamwork and Planning: * Collaborate with, mobilize, and effectively run and develop direct and virtual team(s)
- Preferred Education*
Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in Marketing, Information Technology, a business discipline or related field. An MBA or relevant graduate degree preferred.
- Work Experience*
Typically 12 or more years of experience in the IT or related industry with a focus on Presales activities. Proven track record of effectively and successfully managing a large, geographically dispersed Presales team's performance a plus.
Skills & Competencies*
Key Competencies include:*
- Provide Exceptional Client Service:* Prioritizes resources in the region and brings together the most appropriate Presales team to provide exceptional services to clients; takes responsibility for creating an environment based on practicality, accountability, integrity and respect and a sense of urgency.
- Retaining the Client:* Uses both formal and informal methods to obtain regular assessments of CA's performance to ensure products and services are exceeding client expectations across the entire region; quickly takes appropriate action to improve ongoing service based on client feedback; ensures client service issues are resolved in a timely manner; addresses issues and negotiates acceptable solutions with the client.
- Strategic Agility:* Sees ahead clearly and can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective within his/her region and broader implications for the area; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans for the region.
- Decision Making:* Applies experience, wisdom and judgment to ensure mutually beneficial decisions for client, CA and its employees; ensures decisions made account for potential long-term impact upon the client, CA and employees; appropriately consult with other areas of expertise within CA leadership to ensure decisions for the region are aligned with overall corporate goals and core values.
- Conflict Management:* Manages escalated conflicts and sees them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; able to handle tough disagreements and settle disputes equitably and objectively; is able to find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
Exceptional leadership, planning, execution, people-management and coaching skills. Outstanding communication skills, including establishing credibility and trust with customers and building influential relationships with colleagues in the business, including Finance, Legal, Global Operations, HR, Partner Sales and Services. Thoroughly understand both business and people, including their drivers and success factors. Thoroughly understand sales methodology and booking process. Excellent knowledge of CA's products and software pricing practices. Understand and communicate the business value and/or ROI of installed and proposed products and solutions. Ability to understand and clearly present CA's vision, strategy and organization. Thoroughly understand CA's internal organization in order to best support customers' needs by mobilizing appropriate resources. Conduct outstanding and highly-productive meetings.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
/ Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly./
/ If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788./