CA Technologies Senior Full Stack Developer - Barcelona area in Cornella, Spain
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
- Job Overview*
This position is responsible for leading the design, testing and implementation of different software solutions for research projects within the Strategic Research team. This position requires autonomous control and continuous coordination with other research engineers from CA and from external companies or Universities. Leadership in these tasks is also required.
This position is linked to a project that ends in December 2020.
- Key Responsibilities*
· Be an active/leading developer in one or more research projects.
· Be the responsible of the proper documentation and testing of the solutions.
· Collaborate with Researchers and/or Principal Research Engineers in designing engineering solutions according to requirements of a research project.
· Work with the team(s) to create, develop and validate new ideas.
· Coordinate with external bodies in the development of joint software solutions.
· Guide Researchers and Engineers to develop tangible technology in a research project
· Active development in number of languages and paradigms (familiarity on advanced level)
· Represent CA in technical meetings, discussions and boards from technical perspective.
· Understand his/her role in the project and project deliverables, and help others understand their role in the project.
· Report progress of the development, advances in the project to other members of the team and the Principal in charge of the project.
· Have a deep understanding of different Software Engineering paradigms and methodologies, and guide other Researchers and Research Engineers on applying such paradigms to their tasks
· Keep oneself abreast of latest technical innovations in terms of systems, services and tools in the marketplace.
· Author/co-author technical documentation and/or technical sections of research papers.
· Be involved in protecting intellectual property.
- Key Requirements*
· 3 or more years of experience in a similar senior position.
· 5 or more years of experience as full stack developer (Web frontend framework React/Angular), Python/JVM framework - based backend).
· 5 or more years of experience in data-oriented architecture design and development (REST model, Familiarity with containers-based architecting and development, SQL / NoSQL Databases, Test Driven Development).
· Experience with Agile methodologies (Continuous integration/development, Kanban, SCRUM).
· Architectural and system integration skills. Experience leading the integration of software components provided by different stakeholders.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Attention to detail in development, documentation and testing.
· Knowledge of Machine Learning highly desirable.
· Good stakeholder management and relationship building skills.
· Experience in EU projects highly desirable.
· Very good communication skills in English (written and verbal).
· You are driven, ambitious and a team player.
· You like interacting with others, learning from others and sharing information and knowledge.
· You like to build relationships.
· You take pride in your work, you like challenges and going above and beyond.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
/ Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly./