CA Technologies VP, Partner Sales in Burlington, Massachusetts
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
VP, Partner Sales*
Are you ready for the best work of your life?*
The VP, Partner Sales is responsible for designing and executing geo-specific partner strategies for multiple routes-to-market (RTM) driving new business, protecting the base, and building customer/partner loyalty. Manages an account team responsible for the understanding of the partner's business and the industry in which they compete, their corresponding IT initiatives and offerings, identifying where and how CA can help grow their business, develop compelling business value proposals and sales plays for our solutions, and engaging with both the field, partner and digital sales teams to execute; all which results in growth of revenue and PNCV.
- Key Responsibilities*
This position must be seen by the partner and customer as being both customer and partner centric, and solutions oriented. Overall, this position is responsible for:
* * Partner Strategy* - With a geo view, analyzes market dynamics, customer trends and competitive analysis and identifies where and how CA can grow their business; develops a geo-specific partner strategy and engages with the partner sales team to build business plans and go-to-market (GTM) framework, solution-specific demand generation, marketing plans and technical enablement plans to execute.
* * Partner Focus:* Ensures successful and timely execution of the partner engagement model.
o / On-Board/ - Bi-weekly review of progress to plan for onboarding of newly acquired partners.
o / Plan/ - Articulate consolidated business plans and objectives to senior leadership; ensure focus partner account planning is executed.
o / Educate/ - Conduct internal enablement of geo partner sales teams on Focus Partner initiative, objectives and cadence are adopted; work with direct sales leadership to emphasize importance in prioritizing partner inclusion in geo's business.
o / Execute/ - Execute partner engagement and ensure accountability both internally and externally; track KPI's and adjust account team activities where necessary around pipeline growth, opportunity management, and sales productivity; monitor and report weekly/quarterly forecast and quota attainment of Focus Partners in geo.
o / Communicate/ - Approve and ensure execution of geo partner communication plans; deliver and enforce rules of engagement to the focus partners and work with sales leadership to mitigate infractions.
o / Reward/ - Ensure incentives and benefits are delivered when partners meet their business results as dictated by their member levels.
o / Assess/ - Determine which focus partners to retain, develop, and acquire by reviewing sales performance metrics and mutual partner success; provide to GPO leadership a business case to remove or add a Focus Partner to the initiative.
* * Partner Commitment:* Leads team that focuses on acting in ways that demonstrates customer and partner focus and satisfaction by building effective executive-level relationships with partners; identifying, meeting and exceeding partner expectations; protects revenue in addition to add-on sales; reviews customer satisfaction survey processes to assess overall client satisfaction and ensures team acts on results.
* * Knowledge and Application of a specific CA's Solution Set:* Know and understand CA products, how they integrate, how to identify the solution to best meet the customers' business needs and how to appropriately position the CA domain solution with partners and customers.
* * Partner Account Management:* Lead sales team to create, maintain and execute effective account business plans based on competitive landscape and opportunity, customer needs and CA's strategic direction; measures partner sales business plan progress; generate short-term results while holding a long-term perspective to maximize overall global account viability and partner success.
* * Effective Communication:* Deliver oral and written communications that are impactful and persuasive with their intended audience.
* * Industry Knowledge:* Knowledge of given industry and relevant marketplace; can speak with authority, e.g., on industry trends, best practices, competitive practices, regulatory issues, etc.
* * Effective Selling:* Quota responsibility for Geo segment(s) and one or more solutions; develop competency in sales team to achieve targets; serves as an executive liaison between Field Sales, Partner Sales, CA's Partners and Technical Sales.
* * Business Acumen:* Understand key aspects of business, e.g., business models and competitive positioning; thorough knowledge of CA's processes for territory planning, account planning, opportunity planning, forecasting, lead to quote, QBR's, review and approval processes; also understand how business operates, including role of structure, systems, and processes; can speak in business language when applying professional expertise; can effectively navigate and influence CA organization stakeholders.
* * Partner Acumen:* Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of the partners organization, the inter-relation of its global affiliates or subsidiaries and the issues they face; understands the partner strategy, competitive landscape, how they operate and financial measures; understands their internal operational processes; leverages knowledge of what motivates a partner and tailors CA's partner value proposition to influence actions and decisions; understands the scope of Partner's offerings; understands and communicates the partner program and how to optimize rewards and payouts.
* * Financial Targets:* Creates financial plans and ensures both the partner and the CA team meets or exceeds financial targets; directs global opportunities and transactions to ensure balance, long-term stability and sustainability; accurately predicts financial outcomes; use financial analysis to make decisions, evaluate opportunities and choices; knows how financial decisions impact business success; responsible for accurate forecasting.
* * Leadership:* Maximizes the potential of others by regularly conducting performance and development discussions; has an active network of 'A' players built through continuous networking and recruiting; establishes strategic direction and vision, translates strategy and motivates the team to achieve shared goals and objectives; is aware and supports each person's career goals; coaches team members to support their performance and development; builds strong diverse teams whose members have complementary capabilities; effectively delegates to maximize efficiency; seeks feedback on his/her own performance from team members and advocates for own development; consciously removes biases when making decisions related to the distribution of work, providing opportunities, and/or hiring/promoting others.
Business travel of approximately 50 percent yearly is expected for this position.
- Preferred Education*
Bachelor's degree or global equivalent preferably in a business or IT related field.
- Work Experience*
Typically 15 or more years with proven results in the disciplines necessary to manage a successful Partner Sales Ecosystem (partner selection, recruitment, on-boarding, planning, engagement, sales management, program and campaign management) with an understanding of technology, market dynamics and industry trends. Proven track record of effectively and successfully managing a large, geographically dispersed sales team
- Skills & Competencies*
Seen as an expert and/or leader; guides, troubleshoots; has strategic focus; applies knowledge and skill across or in leading multiple strategic decisions; demonstrates knowledge of trends in field; leads in developing new processes.
* * Domain Knowledge:* the ability to drive a competitive position by applying depth of technical and industry knowledge, knowledge of market and customer industry trends, and strengths and weaknesses compared to others.
* * Business and Financial Acumen:* understanding of how a business operates, what drives profitability, and how decisions impact other areas of the organization.
* * Consultative Selling:* When selling with a partner, serves as a proactive thought leader, through all phases of the sales cycle, by integrating CA Technologies understanding of the customer's organization and business drivers to create viable short and long term solutions.
* * Operational Excellence:* Successfully navigates the internal organization and uses processes, systems, tools and resources to accomplish assigned business goals and ensure partner/customer satisfaction.
* * Objection Handling:* Uses a logical, repeatable objection handling process including; understanding the issue; determining if it will keep the customer from buying; and working with the customer to determine what can be done to remove the issue.
* * Relationship Building:* Identifies and initiates working relationships, develops the relationships and maintains them in a way that is mutually beneficial.
* * Problem Solving:* Identifies problems and uses logic, judgment, and data to evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions to achieve the desired organizational goal or outcome.
* * Persuasiveness:* The ability to gain others support for ideas, projects and solutions amongst peers/executives both inside and outside of CA.
* * Presentation Skills:* The efficient and effective exchange of information to achieve a specific objective using proven structure, flow, content and techniques.
* * Solution Knowledge:* Proactively maintains up-to-date knowledge of CA Technologies solutions, products and services, in order to align them with customer requirements and goals.
* * Decision-Making:* Apply experience, discipline and judgement to ensure mutually beneficial decisions are being made for partners, end-users, CA and employees; consult as appropriate with areas of expertise within CA leadership to ensure decisions for region are aligned with corporate goals and strategies.
* * Conflict Management:* Manage escalated conflicts, read situations quickly, handle tough disagreements and settle disputes quickly, equitably and objectively ûby finding common ground and obtaining cooperation with minimum disruption.
- More About Working at CA:*
CA has earned scores of Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, CA’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
/ Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly./
/ If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788./