CA Technologies Principal Cyber Security Engineer in Burlington, Massachusetts
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
CA Technologies is looking for a Principal Cybersecurity Analyst to join our Software as a Service (SaaS) Information Security team. This position can also be based in our Burlington, MA, Cary, NC or Boulder, CO locations.
Responsibilities include assessing the need for cyber security controls, design, implementation and operation of those cyber security controls, and alignment of the SaaS Information Security program to the current thread landscape and CA Technologies business objectives
The Principal Cyber Security Analyst, must possess strong analytical, communication, and leadership skills along with broad and deep knowledge of Information Security best practices and technologies. Understanding the broader landscape of security threats and risks faced in the financial and technology sector is key to ensure that your team of dedicated and experienced resources are positioned for ongoing success.
• Lead the identity and access management function with CA SaaS operations, including certificate management, identity, access and privilege management
- Design and operate security monitoring solutions using both in house security event management (SIEM) tools and working with managed security service providers
• Design and implement the vulnerability management and penetration testing programs for CA co-located datacenters, cloud providers, and CA software as a service (SaaS) applications
• Provide security architecture and assurance expertise to ensure cyber security controls are embedded into the CA SaaS software development lifecycle
• Document cyber security policy and procedure improvements within the SaaS division. Work cross functionally with Engineering, GIS (IT), Legal and other departments to fine tune security related policies. Develop and adapt policies and processes for own group
• Evaluate third party cyber security products and solutions for application in the CA SaaS operations environment.
• Ability to keep pace with demands of business by anticipating problems, proffering appropriate solutions and providing the leadership to effectively implement change
• Flexible and creative thinker with strong execution skills, and the ability to provide thought leadership and wield influence beyond areas of direct responsibility
• Develop and maintain relationships with key clients to discuss implementation solutions. Convey InfoSec feedback to product development and management staff.
• Assist the teams responsible for the sale & deployment of SaaS Delivery solutions.
• Have and maintain in-depth architectural knowledge of the core components of the SaaS Delivery platform.
• Mentor other team members to improve their skills and knowledge in technology.
• The ability to set the appropriate tone at the top, motivate staff, foster a positive culture of mutual respect and the highest ethical standards.
Business Travel and Physical Demands
Business travel of approximately 20 or less percent yearly is expected for this position.
Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in Computer Science or a related field.
• Typically 7 or more years of related experience with enterprise IT industry, external applications, Infrastructure, Network and Systems Administration.
• Knowledge and work experience with FedRAMP, PCI, VISA, SSAE16 or other related security certification schemas.
• Software as a Service solutions and cloud experience strongly preferred, with exposure to technologies such AWS, Azure, Docker, Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
• Experience with vulnerability management solutions such as Nessus, Nexpose or Qualys
• Experience with log and security event management solutions such as Splunk, Arcsight, or QRadar
• Proven track record of successfully managing information security risk programs within the payment industry and/or regulatory environment
Skills & Competencies:
• Proven experience working with multiple individuals on internal and external delivery and communication initiatives.
• Ability to prioritize deliverables and projects to meet timelines efficiently, to adapt to changes in priorities quickly
• Ability to mentor and train technical personnel
• Ability to quickly learn new technologies
• Ability to multi-task
• Excellent written, oral and presentation skills and an ability to synthesize information and make clear, concise recommendations on course of action
US Citizenship required
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
/ Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly./
/ If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788./