CA Technologies Managing Consultant, Practice Services in Barton, Australia
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
- Job Overview*
This position is responsible for contributing to business growth by managing an expanding Services business team while remaining fully engaged with our clients. The managing consultant will provide expert level consulting services and solution guidance to clients and assist Practice and Delivery Directors in developing new or existing opportunities through Technical and Process Solution leadership.
The Managing Consultant will work under the direction of the Practice Director/Senior Practice Director to build a team with the requisite knowledge and capacity to service the CA Technologies clients within both Area and Region. Under the Managing Consultant's leadership, the Services practice team will deliver technical solution excellence, delivery model compliance and best practice guidance to ensure successful and aligned project outcomes.
- Key Responsibilities*
· The Managing Consultant will undertake business development support activities through content leadership and best practice guidance. Where needed, the Managing Consultant will delegate the same to team members in order to support ongoing engagements.
· The Managing Consultant will be an expert in the CA Services delivery methodology and supporting solution collateral enabling for mentorship to others with technical and non-technical aspects of consultancy in the context of solution delivery.
· The Managing consultant will lead a team of Services resources and assist and guide them as necessary in the execution of their delivery duties, either through content leadership, delivery execution best practice or industry best practice.
- Business Development*
The Managing Consultant will spend approximately 20% of available time on assisting Practice and Delivery management teams in developing new or existing client opportunities through content and best practice leadership.
The Managing Consultant will achieve this by:
· Providing Solution and industry best practice and content leadership during the opportunity life cycle.
· Participating and actively working with Practice aligned Global Practice to provide needed feedback from the field delivery teams, assisting in building out new practice aligned content and contributing to field solution leadership.
· Providing input to the responsible Practice Director where strategic changes or improvements to the delivery life cycle are needed. Provide information to be used in strategy planning when requested ranging from solution adoption or skills alignment in the relevant region.
· Working with the Resourcing Team and Practice Director where needed to identify the appropriate skillsets or candidate to assist in pre-sales activities, engagement escalations and the normal practice activities.
· Engaging directly and indirectly to provide RFP, RFR and ITT input as required.
· Assisting the delivery team with content and delivery leadership by contributing and building proposals and proposal content for new or existing engagements.
· Communicating regularly and directly with delivery teams in order to maintain opportunity momentum.
· Actively maintain and develop collaborative relationships with the area business unit sales group
· Where needed provide opportunity feedback to Practice or Delivery management on opportunities being worked on.
· Sharing experience with the team and assisting in developing others to become competent and solution delivery leaders
- Delivery Excellence:*
The Managing Consultant will spend approximately 40% of available time working directly in a billable capacity with CA Services clients. The Managing Consultant will undertake the following tasks:
· Assist Resource Management and Project Managers in managing client projects using CA Service Delivery Methodology and through providing Solution Best Practice content leadership.
· Leading advanced consulting engagements to take clients on a digital transformation journey.
· Develop the strategy for team development alongside the Practice Director/Senior Practice Director to ensure skills coverage over time and sufficient capacity to meet demand.
· Report team performance against stated targets to the Practice Director/Senior Practice Director.
· Ensure that delivery quality and professionalism is monitored and actively maintained through regular updates and pulse conversations with the delivery team and Practice Director.
· With Practice Director guidance, ensure each team member has an appropriate development plan.
· Provide content and delivery best practice leadership to active projects.
· Assist in defining and managing client expectations during the delivery life cycle whilst maintaining a focus on strategic identified accounts.
· Assist the project team and Practice / Delivery Director in responding to project delivery escalations.
· Ensure the correct parties are involved to assist in communicating project success both internally or externally.
- Work Experience*
10+ years’ experience as a Professional Services Architect, Principle Consultant or comparable management role. Experience with consultative content leadership, cross domain technology understanding, and solution architecture must be demonstrated. A combination of advanced technical knowledge and experience managing and reporting on complex projects is required.
- Skills & Competencies*
· Demonstrated business acumen to lead single, large or multiple medium size projects from a content leadership and delivery excellence perspective.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze IT business requirements, define/design appropriate IT solutions and create detailed Time-to-Value phased execution scopes, in collaboration with Practice and Delivery Management.
· Demonstrated ability to lead teams engaging in hands-on implementation of software technology at a complex level for single Business Unit multi-product solutions and/or cross Business Unit multi-product integrated solutions of chosen expertise.
· Demonstrated ability to apply sound judgment to any situation and assist in defining and delivering the best outcome for all parties
· Must possess advanced business and technology troubleshooting skills for products of chosen expertise and for complex integrated solutions.
· Ability to understand and communicate how solution(s) of chosen expertise resolve typical client business needs.
· Must execute impeccable business level of written and oral professional communication.
- More About Working at CA:*
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, CA’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
/ Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly./